Tuesday, September 24, 2013

THAT WONDERFUL FEELING OF BEING ACKNOWLEDGED!

Being acknowledged by peers is one great feeling. Thank you so much Proactive Indian...for nominating me for the Liebster award. And to Meera, "A rat", for the creative blogger award :)
 
Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s appreciation from fellow bloggers and your chance to introduce yourself to other awesome bloggers.
 
If you receive either of these awards, you are expected to:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers; no tagging back) and make 11 questions for them
4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.
 
But then, the choice is yours... :)
 
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. Born and brought up in Chennai, I love the city and would rather not stay anywhere else.
2. Never shared my entire educational qualification with anyone, but I guess I owe it to the people who have accepted and acknowledged me within months of blogging.B.Com, MBA, CWA(Grad), MA(Psychology), M.Phil(Management), the last 2 through the medium of distance education.
3.My hobbies include a bit of drawing and painting, artificial flower making, patch work and quilting, dress designing and tailoring, reading, movies and now, I dont have time for any of these, my new love...blogging!!
4. I am a happy, loyal, hard working individual who takes people at face value, finds it very difficult to say "no", loves to help, does not hesitate to apologise.
5. Have a bad temper, dont forgive easily, am scatterbrained, messy and procrastinate a bit.
6.Love to cook but not to eat
7.Total movie buff...but no time now :(
8.Was a free lance soft skills trainer for 2 years. Love teaching :) and my students and my teachers
9. I would not consider myself an "animal lover" per se, but I am a member of the blue cross, I have and will help animals.
10. Mathematics is my most favourite subject and calculus my favourite chapter.
11.love to have a good discussion (that is a nice way of saying, i love to talk and yak and chatter)
 
ELEVEN QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED TO ME :
1. Who’s the one person that can always make you smile?
Normally, I dont need anyone to make me smile. I have been a very "smiley" person all my life. you can see that in my comments and responses...too many smileys. Recently though, my daughter is one
person who can make me smile in any situation.
 
2. If you could eat only two things for a week, what would they be?
No second thoughts on this question : chips and chocolate
 
3. How do you want people to remember you when you’re gone?
happy and helpful
 
4. What would you do with 1 crore rupees, if you were given 30 days to spend it?
First, I would have to ask for the source. If it was given to me in cash, I will immediately return it. A cheque or a DD, I would deposit in my account and pay taxes, whatever applicable. phew!! feeling much better already. Typically, I would have put the money in a trust fund and put it to good use. Since I have to spend it in 30 days...and it would be impossible to process the registration of a trust and getting eligibility for an 80G exemption from the IT department within a month(trust me..i know..we've tried).
So, I would simply use the money to start a home : for infants, children, young, old, rejected, deprived, people who want to reform, victims of violence, harassment...(i guess its impossible to make an exhausitive list), Irespective of caste, culture and sexuality.
 
5. If you could have one supernatural power, what would it be?
I really can't be humourous or really imaginative. So let me tell you I believe that every person already has his/her own supernatural power that they only need to discover. These days love, friendship, empathy, loyalty, patriotism and many more such feelings are supernatural powers that each and every individual has to harness.
At the risk of sounding a bit arrogant, I'd say my supernatural power is "empathy"
 
6. Which living Indian politician do you admire and respect the most?
he he...I'd rather not answer this one question. kindly excuse :)
 
7. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
A personal accomplishment would be that at some point I would like to do my P.Hd.
A social accomplishment would be what I have explained as an answer to question 4., If not at that scale, will surely do my bit.
 
8. Which was the best moment in your life?
The day my daughter said her first word "Amma" :)
 
9. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Geez...shared with very few people. After I got my licence, a long time back, may I add, I have never taken it out of my wallet at the request of a policeman. At 33 years of age, when I was driving with my mother in law, I was stopped by a policeman. Not for speeding. Not for breaking a rule. He thought I was underage!!! I am small made and he probably could not see me above the steering wheel!! I was livid. That was the first time I took out my licence to show a now sheepish looking policeman. Ofcourse he let me go...my husband had a good laugh!! :(
 
10. If you could spend a day with 1 person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
If I may be a little liberal...I would like to spend the day with 4 people, my parents and my grandparents. I would like to give them a day of rest, enjoying with my daughter, while I took care of every single thing they had to do during the day!!
Reason? I dont think I can ever match what they have done for me in my life. What I can give them is a day of rest and happiness of spending time with a 2 year old, who is the culimnation of energy, love and happiness.
 
11. What is the best gift you were ever given?
This year I got a hand drawn birthday gift from my sister in law's daughter that read "Happy birthday to my dearest ammayi(mom's brother's wife in malayalam) and my best friend! ". Beats anything else :)
 
I SHARE MY LIEBSTER WITH THE FOLLOWING BLOGGERS
 
 

I SHARE MY CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD WITH THE FOLLOWING BLOGGERS :
 
 
 
 
I would like to present one more award to the following blogger : "the very inspiring blogger award",
 
 
for her amazing work, both in the blogosphere and in real life...http://innerdialect.wordpress.com/
 
MY QUESTIONS TO THE AWARDEES:
1. Why blog?
2. How has blogging changed your life?
3. Name One person who has truly inspired you, and has hence led
you to change something about yourself.
4. If there is something you would like to change about yourself,
what would that be?
5. What is your most priced possession in your room?
6. Do you think blogging can help anything in any way?
7. What is the one festival in India you love to celebrate and do
you think we still celebrate them in the same spirit as we used to
decades back?
8. If there is one thing you could do for your country(let's say
there are no restraints and what you could do is magical), what
would it be?
9. 3 words that would describe you.
10.Which is the best vacation you have had...and with whom?
11.What do you think the future has in store for you?

A request to you all. Please leave a link to your Award post in the comments section below so all of us can read your answers. Looking forward to your replies :)

33 comments:

  1. Hey thanks preethi for chossing me for the creative blogger award :) i will surely reply to all the questions and send you a link soon ^_^ thanks again dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Congratulations to you, Preethi.. And thank you for sharing the Creative blogger Award with me. Nice to know about you. You said that you love to cook but not eat. How is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kalpana :) Actually..that is one thing I am still trying to figure out. Never had a big appetite for food :) But my husband loves good food, and so does my husband's entire family. So I just love cooking for them :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks Preethi for choosing me Libster Award and a big COngo to you :)

    And I must say for a teenager like me your qualification is alot inspiring :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) you have a lots of time and many choices my dear... :) glad to be able to inspire you :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! congratulation Preethi for winning the Leibster award. I'm extremely delighted that U like my blog and considered it for ur nomination. It's really an honor and a moment to celebrate. Thank U so much !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Preethi! Will get on with the writing part soon. Congratulations to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and thanks for sharing the LIEBSTER Award with me. Will definitely reply to your questions soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) waiting to read your answers :)

      Delete
    2. http://radhavram.blogspot.in/2013/09/pleasant-surprise-in-my-inbox-liebster.html

      Done :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks Preethi for nominating me! Sorry I missed your comment the first time around. Congratulations to you for the award1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool....happy to nominate you :) snd thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Dear Preethi,
    Heartiest Congratulations to you!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your Liebster Award & Creative Blogger Award with me! Really honored! Will post my answers to your questions soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anita...and wish you the same :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks anita...and wish you the same :)

      Delete
    3. Preethi,
      Thanks for my very 1st Awards from a co-Blogger! Means a lot! :)

      Sorry for the 1 month & 1 week delay!
      Here's my Award Post all thanks to U!!! :)

      http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/11/2-in-one-my-1st-liebster-creative.html

      Do post your comments! :)
      :)

      Delete
  9. Heartiest Congratulations to you! was busy these days so didn't got chance to congratulate you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) no problem....can totally understand :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Preethi thanks a lot, and its really very happy to know that u like my blog new look. Yes I do visit u r blog, and also reply on u r previous comment. Congrats for u r awards and yes it is wonderful feeling of being acknowledged. Lots of love :)
    Read more at beingmommee.blogspot.com and plz do like my FB page www.facebook.com/BeingMommee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank shilpa...looking forward to your answers :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks Preethi :) I was travelling for the past 20 days and I didn't have access to the internet. Will answer your questions ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Preethi, I am probably the last one to reply but I was out for the entire month on a college field trip. Hope I can answer the questions now and flaunt my first every award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey...nope...you are not the last one :) and take your own time :) congrats again :) you went on s field trip...thats great...how was it?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Preethi. Field trip was great :D

      Delete
    3. Replied to your questions and chose my nominees :)

      http://munniofalltrades.blogspot.in/2013/11/i-got-award.html

      Delete
    4. Awesome...will take a look :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats and wishes on your award ceremony. more to come on your way.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratualationsssssss first off all. Glad to know some things about you. its nice to be a happy smiley person that you are :) . Oh and yes, it didnt sound preachy that you would rather have empathy for a super power. I wish a lot of that was around :)

    ReplyDelete